PROTOCOLS, EDI STANDARDS AND DATA SECURITY
CalvaEDI’s policy is to ensure the availability of open-standard communications protocols of wide use within the transport sector.
Physical communications between the customer's system and the CalvaEDI server normally use the Internet. Backup communications using telephone network dialup (ISDN or PSTN) are provided for users needing the highest availability of access to their data.
CalvaEDI configures customer and partner communications using a variety of protocols, the choice of the most appropriate being based on the user's requirements for transmission and transactional security and on the networking capabilities of his IT system.
Protocols implemented by CalvaEDI :
- AS2 : encrypted, certified and non-repudiable transmissions
- CALVAMAT : CalvaEDI's file transfer software for WINDOWS® platforms
- EMAIL : the most flexible solution for many sites, using MIME and SMTP
- HTTP / HTTPS : to facilitate integration with web-services applications
- FTP / S-FTP / FTP-S : basic and encrypted FTP protocols
- X400 : transactionally secure transmissions over "P1" links, 1984 version
CalvaEDI has direct or indirect interconnect services with all public and commercial value-added messaging services (VANs) such as ATLAS400, GSX, and the GS1 network ALLEGRO.